By Chef Cheryl -Ann Shortt- Charles on Cup of Joe TT
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Eggplant
- 3 cups chopped Kale
- 4 cups chopped Chadon Beni
- 1 large tomato
- 50 g Slivered almonds
- Olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Kiss Healthy Balance Whole Grain Buns
1. Slice tomato, zucchini and eggplant lengthwise or round, place in a bowl with some of the olive oil to coat and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Blanch kale leaves to soften, place in cold water to stop the cooking process after blanching.
3. Place in a food processor the blanched kale, shadon beni, and almonds. Replace the processor lid and start it, once started pour the olive oil from the top in a steady stream until desired consistency is achieved.
4. Grill vegetables until they are cooked through.
You are now ready to assemble your sandwich.
5. Cut the Kiss Healthy Balance Whole Grain bun horizontally and toast. Spread the kale shadon beni pesto on the bun, layer with the zucchini, eggplant and tomatoes.