We used oats instead of breadcrumbs in this tasty meatball recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp chopped celery
- 2 tsp small thyme leaves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- Few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup milk
- Cooking Spray
- In a large bowl, place ground beef, celery, thyme, oregano, basil and garlic. Mix well to ensure the herbs are evenly distributed through the meat. At this point the meat can be placed in refrigerator for at least an hour to marinade.
- Cover the oats with the milk and let soak for approximately 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, soaked oats, and egg. Mix well together.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Form the meat into small even meatballs. Place in baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Add to your favourite spaghetti sauce or serve with favourite dipping sauce for a simple appetizer.