From the Star Ingredient Challenge on Cup of Joe TT
- 1 cup Anchor Powdered Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder.
- 1 – 2 gala apples, diced
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Juice of ½ lime
- Sweetened condensed milk or simple syrup to drizzle.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a bundt pan or regular cake pan. (If you wish you can use a muffin pan or mini bundt pan to make small cakes.)
- In a skillet over medium heat, roast the Anchor Powdered Milk until it is evenly toasted and brown. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl mix together the diced apples, cinnamon powder and lime juice.
- In another large bowl mix vanilla and eggs until foamy. Add oil and water, mix well. Mix in the sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour and baking powder. Add them to the egg mixture and beat until flour disappears.
- Add the toasted milk, mixing well until everything is well combined. Mix in the apples.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bundt cake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until done.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it stand for 2-3 minutes until able to handle well. Flip the cake to take it out and immediately drizzle with condensed milk. The warm cake will absorb the milk. Serve.