- 1 head romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1 small sweet pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut in quarters
- Juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of black pepper
Put lettuce in a large bowl. Drizzle with the lime juice and sprinkle with a little salt and black pepper. Toss the lettuce well.
Add the sweet pepper, carrot and onion. Toss again to mix.
Top with the tomatoes. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper again over the tomatoes. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.