- 1 can channa (chickpeas), drained and rinsed
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 blades shadon beni
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp roasted geera powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup water
- 1 small sweet pepper, cut in large chunks
- (preferably red or yellow)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Heat the 2 tbsp of olive oil in a small saucepan. Saute the sweet pepper for a few minutes just until tender. Remove from heat.
Place all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is smooth.
Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. If the mixture is too thick add a little more olive oil.
Place the hummus in a serving bowl and garnish with a little chopped parsley. Serve with your favourite pita chips or vegetable sticks.