- 3 eggs
- Generous pinches of salt and black pepper
- 2 tsp water
- 1 salmon fillet( 4 oz), skin removed
- ½ small onion, diced
- 2 – 3 patchoi leaves
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- 2 oz butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- Place eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Add the water and beat the eggs with a fork or whisk.
- Cut the salmon into small chunks.
- Heat the oil in a large non stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add the salmon chunks and cook for 2 minutes or just until cooked. Remove and set aside. Add the onions and cook for a minute. Add the mushrooms and patchoi. After 1 – 2 minutes season with a little salt and pepper. Add the pepper flakes and chives. Let cook until tender. Remove from pan.
- Wipe the pan clean and return to the heat. Add the butter and let melt.
- Add the eggs and continuously lift the set edges to let uncooked eggs to run to the sides to cook. When the centre is almost set, sprinkle one half of the egg with half of the grated cheese.
- Add the vegetable mixture on top, followed by the salmon, then top with the remaining cheese. Using a spatula run under the egg to loosen and flip the top over the filling, pressing down lightly. Let cook for a few more seconds, just to let the cheese melt. Slide the omelette out of the pan onto the plate and serve immediately.