- 1 large pack sweet and salt prunes
- 3 – 4 blades chadon beni, chopped
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Small piece scotch bonnet pepper (optional)
- 1 – 2 cups vodka, tequila, brandy or water, just enough to cover prunes
Place salt prunes in glass bottle or jar, which has a lid.
Add the chadon beni, garlic and pepper if using.
Add the vodka, brandy,tequila or water. The liquid should just cover the salt prunes. Cover and shake well.
Let soak for at least 4 – 6 hours or overnight. The longer they soak the more flavour absorbed.