- 1 pack boneless saltfish,
- Juice of ½ lime
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp shadon beni, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 – 3 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 – 3 blades chive, chopped finely
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 small avocado, peeled and diced
Boil saltfish in water for 5 – 10 minutes and drain. Repeat procedure and let cool.
Place saltfish in a bowl and flake. Add all ingredients except the avocado and mix well.
Add the avocado and mix gently so not to crush the avocado.
Cover and place in refrigerator for at least half hour for flavours to blend before serving.