- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 4 level tsp baking powder
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 oz butter, melted
- 1 bottle Nice N Spicy Saltfish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Whisk in the cornmeal and set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the butter, and sugar. Add in the eggs and mix until combined. Add the honey, milk and essence and mix until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until incorporated.
- Line the muffin tins with the cupcake holders. Fill the them with 2/3 of the batter in each. Place a dollop of saltfish in the center of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 20 minutes or until the muffins are golden brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and let rest briefly for a couple minutes and then remove from the pan.