- 3 – 4 shark fillets, cut into large chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 – 3 blades shadon beni, chopped
- 1 – 2 tbsp green seasoning
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- ½ tsp pepper sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large sweet peppers, seeded and cut into chunks
- 2 – 3 cups sliced fresh button mushrooms
- Few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup vegetable stock or water
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Oil for frying
Place the shark in a bowl. Season with the lime juice, garlic, shadon beni, paprika, green seasoning, a little salt and pepper and pepper sauce. Place in refrigerator and let marinade for half hour.
Heat a little oil, approximately 3 – 4 tbsp in a large frying pan over medium high heat.
Add the shark and let cook for a few minutes turning so the shark can be evenly browned. Remove and set aside.
Add the onions and cook for a few minutes just until translucent. Add the sweet peppers and mushrooms. You may need to add a little more oil. Let cook until the vegetables are almost tender.
Add the vegetable stock or water, with the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and ketchup. Stir well and let simmer until the sauce thickens a bit. Add the shark and mix into the vegetables.
Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Let simmer a few minutes more. Serve.