- 1 pack vermicelli
- 4 – 5 cups milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- A few cloves and cardamom pods
- ¾ cup condensed milk
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup chopped maraschino cherries, optional
- Break the vermicelli into small pieces and parch in a large heavy duty pot until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
- In the same pot bring 3 – 4 cups milk, cinnamon and cardamom pods to a boil over medium heat. Add the parched vermicelli and let cook in the milk.
- When the vermicelli gets tender add the condensed milk, almonds, raisins, cherries if using and mix well. Add the remainder of the milk as the mixture will begin to thicken. Let simmer for a few minutes and then serve either hot or cold based on your preference.