- 2 lbs ground sirloin or minced lean beef
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 pimentos finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup yellow or red bell peppers finely chopped
- ¼ cup slivered or chopped almonds
- 3 tbsp oats
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- 1 egg
- BBQ Sauce
- 1 large or 2 small red onions, sliced thinly
- 1 cup Hunt’s BBQ sauce
- Place ground beef in a large bowl and combine all ingredients together with a fork. Using oiled hands, take a handful of the mixture, make into a ball and then flatten to make patties. This should give you about 24 patties depending on the size.
- Have the grill or grill pan very hot and brush with oil so the slider will not stick.
- Place the sliders on the grill and cook on each side for approximately 2 – 3 minutes. The slider is ready to turn when the meat changes colour, about halfway up the side. Remove from the grill and place on the prepared buns.
- Serve the sliders on a salad or in a bun with lettuce, tomato and pickles topped with bbq sauce.
- For the BBQ sauce, mix together the grilled onions with the Hunt’s BBQ Sauce.