- 2½ cups flour
- 3½ tsp baking powder
- 10 – 15 meduim shrimp, chopped
- 1½ cups lump crabmeat or flaked crabmeat
- 2 tbsp minced green seasoning (chives, onion, garlic, thyme)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sugar
- Few dashes pepper sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Oil for deep frying
- Sift together flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Add enough water to make a soft but not runny batter. Add green seasoning, pepper sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir in the shrimp pieces and crabmeat.
- Heat oil in pot over medium high heat. When hot, drop by tablespoons into the oil and fry until golden brown. You may need to reduce the heat of the oil if it is too hot. Test a small amount of batter first before frying the bulk.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Serve with favourite dip or as a side dish.