- 1½ cups orzo pasta
- (pasta shaped like rice grains)
- 1/2 tsp tumeric powder
- 1 large sweet pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 can whole kernel corn drained
- ¼ – ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- ½ small onion, finely grated
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Pinch sugar
- 1 tsp pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- 3 – 4 blades shadon beni chopped
Cook the pasta in salted water with the turmeric powder, just until tender. Drain in a colander and set aside to cool.
In a bowl, add the olive oil, salt and black pepper. Whisk in the mustard and vinegar.
Add the garlic, onion, pepper sauce, shadon beni, parsley and sugar and mix well. Taste the dressing and adjust flavor if necessary.
Add the vegetables and mix into the dressing. Finally add the pasta in batches, making sure to incorporate well into the vegetable mixture. It is ok if the pasta is still a little warm as it would absorb the flavors as it cools. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to serve.