Ready in: 25-30 minutes
Complexity: very easy
- 1 pack boneless herring (approx 5-6 fillets)
- Juice of ½ lime
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp shadon beni, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 – 3 small tomatoes, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 – 3 blades chive, chopped finely
- 1 – 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ tsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 small avocado, peeled and diced (optional)
Boil herring in water for 5 minutes and drain. Repeat procedure and let cool.
Remove as many bones as you can from the herring. The finer ones can remain. Place herring in a bowl and flake. Add all ingredients except the avocado and mix well.
If using, add the avocado and mix gently so not to crush the avocado.
Cover and place in refrigerator for at least half hour for flavours to blend before serving.