- 1 lb medium or large shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped shadon beni
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked al dente
- ½ – ¾ cup basil pesto (we used Del Mano’s)
- Extra grated parmesan cheese
Season the shrimp with salt, black pepper, garlic, shadon beni and lime juice. Let marinate in refrigerator for ½ hour.
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
Add the shrimp and cook just until the shrimp begin to turn pink, no more than 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
In the same pan, add the mushrooms and cook just until tender. Add the red pepper flakes, salt and pepper to taste. Add the cream and stir. Add the parmesan cheese and mix. Let the mixture simmer until the mixture starts to thicken, about 3 – 5 minutes.
Add the cooked shrimp and pesto and stir into the cream sauce until well blended and heated through. Add the cooked pasta, tossing well to ensure the pasta is well coated. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
Turn out into a serving bowl and sprinkle with the extra parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.