- 1 refrigerated piecrust, 8 or 9 inch (shortcrust)
- 4 – 5 eggs
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- ½ onion, diced
- 1½ cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- ½ tsp pepper sauce or cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese
- Bake pie shell as directed in oven. Set aside and let cool.
- In a bowl beat eggs with salt and pepper. Add milk, parsley and cheddar cheese. Mix and set aside.
- In a frying pan heat a little oil. Add onions and mushrooms. Allow to cook for a few minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the spinach, mixing into the mushrooms. Cook until wilted. Let cool. Remove any excess liquid from the vegetable mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the pastry shell with the crumbled cheese. Spread the spinach and mushrooms evenly over the cheese. Pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes. Insert a knife in the center to test for doneness. The knife should come out clean. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.