- 2 ½ – 3 cups lukewarm water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons raw cane sugar
- 7 1/2 cups One Degree Organics Sprouted Spelt Flour
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- TOPPINGS: caramelised onions, thinly sliced fennel, sliced apples, ricotta cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Sprouted Spelt Flour, salt and sugar. Add the yeast to 2 cups of the water gently mix;set aside to froth.
- After 5 minutes, in a mixer bowl, add to the flour. Add the reserved cup of water in ¼ cup intervals. (This is a tacky dough). Mix for 5 min. let rest for 5 minutes. Mix again for another 5 minutes, let rest another 5 minutes. Remove from bowl onto an oiled spot on your counter, knead for 3-4 minutes.
- Cover; let rest 5 minutes. Repeat this kneading process for a total of 4 times. Lightly cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for 2 hours. The dough can be used right away or stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- Take an 8-ounce piece of dough and form it into a ball. Roll out into an 1/8-inch thick round shape. Refrigerate or freeze the remaining dough.
- Gently transfer the pizza dough to a cornmeal-dusted pizza pan or parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush lightly with olive oil. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn the pizza around if it is browning on one side more than the other.
- If using immediately dress pizza with selected toppings bake just until the cheese is melted, approx. 10 minutes. Serve hot. If not, baking immediately, cool baked dough and wrap tightly in saran wrap.