- 1 lb pork cut into cubes and rinsed
- 2 – 3 tbsp green seasoning
- 3 – 4 pimento peppers, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 3 blades shadon beni, chopped
- Few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 – 3 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 bundle patchoi, leaves washed and chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 – 3 tbsp additional ketchup
Place pork in bowl.
Add the green seasoning, peppers, garlic, shadon beni, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, pepper sauce, ketchup, lime juice, salt and black pepper. Let marinate for at least 2 hours or preferably overnight.
Heat sugar in a pan over medium heat until it melts and starts to darken.
Add the pork and stir for a few minutes, ensuring the sugar coats the pork. Add a little water, just enough to cover the pork and cover the pot. Let cook for approximately 10 minutes. Add the tomatoes, patchoi, ketchup and mix into the pork. Cover and let the pork continue cooking for another 10 – 15 minutes or until the pork is tender, stirring occasionally.
Taste and adjust seasonings. Simmer for 5 more minutes. If the gravy is still too watery, leave uncovered and let cook over high heat to allow the gravy to reduce. If too thick, add a little more water.
Serve hot with white rice.