- 3 cups Carnation Full Cream Evaporated Milk
- 1 can Nestle Cream (300g)
- 1 can Nestle Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp cornstarch, dissolved in ¼ cup water
- ½ cup salted prunes, seeds removed and chopped
- In a large saucepan, heat evaporated milk, Nestle Cream and Nestle Sweetened Condensed Milk and stir until well mixed. Whisk a small amount of the hot mixture into the eggs to temper. Add the eggs to the pan slowly, whisking constantly. Add the vanilla essence and cornstarch, cook over low heat stirring constantly until mixture is thick and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat, cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water.
- Place in an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- When ice cream is firm, incorporate chopped salt prunes into ice cream.
- Place into a freezer until ready to serve.