- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- ½ onion, sliced
- 2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp dark chilli powder
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce
- ¼ cup tamarind pulp
- 2 tsp rum
- Salt, pepper and sugar to taste
- Your favourite Crix Crackers
- Saute the garlic and onion in a small saucepan.
- Sear the breast to a golden brown colour.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients, then add to the pan and simmer until the chicken is “fork tender” meaning it can be pulled apart with a fork.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and allow to cool and pull apart with the fork. Mix in some of the sauce that has been reduced.
- Enjoy with your favourite Crix Crackers.