- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups cornmeal
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup grated Gouda cheese
- 4 tbsp butter
- Fresh thyme leaves
- Fresh spinach or greens for serving
- Mix water and milk in a large pot and bring to boil. Add salt, pepper and cinnamon, then pour in cornmeal and stir constantly. Reduce heat and continue to stir constantly for about 15 – 20 minutes until cornmeal mixture reaches desired consistency.
- Remove from heat; add Parmesan, Gouda and half of the Cheddar to the cornmeal mixture, stir in until cheese is melted.
- Pour the polenta into a flat baking dish and spread to desired thickness (between 1 to 2 inches). Allow to cool.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease or spray a baking dish. Using a cookie cutter of choice cut out circles and arrange in greased baking dish. Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese and thyme leaves over polenta.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until they get golden and crisp. Serve on a bed of fresh greens.