- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon geera powder
- ½ teaspoon of coriander
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 10-12 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of lentils
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 cups of water
- Salt and Pepper
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- ½ cup of heavy cream
- In a pot of water, bring lentils to a boil and simmer for at least an hour or until peas are soft.
- Heat oil in a large pot, add onions and saute for 2 minutes, add garlic, curry, geera and coriander, cook stirring 2-3 minutes until the spices become fragrant.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, tomatoes, lentils and stir in with onions and spices. Pour in stock and water, bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until tomatoes have broken down, add salt and pepper to taste, a pinch of cayenne and sugar.
- Add cream, stir and serve hot.