- 3 tins of tuna in water
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- ¼ tsp mince hot pepper
- 2 pimento peppers, diced
- Half small onion
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup oat flour or bread crumbs
- Olive oil as needed to fry tuna cakes
- Drain tuna and set aside.
- Chop onion, tomatoes and all veggies. Mix with tuna.
- Add oat flour and egg season with salt and mix well.
- Form into even sized balls, flatten and place in refrigerator for 10-15 mins.
- Heat a little olive oil in frying pan over medium high heat. Fry tuna cakes 2 – 3 min on each side depending on size. Serve with mini whole-wheat dinner rolls.