- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3½ oz onions diced
- 2½ oz celery finely diced
- 3 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 pimentos finely diced
- 8 oz potatoes, peeled and medium diced
- 5 cups fish stock
- 1 cup Crix, finely crushed
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1½ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Saute onions, celery, pimentos and garlic in a medium saucepan.
- Add the potatoes and the finely crushed Crix crackers.
- Slowly add the stock and allow to simmer until the potatoes are tender.
- Puree in a blender, pour back into the pot. Add the remaining ingredients and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy with your favourite Crix Crackers.