- 2 cans white beans, drained
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- Large pinch of salt and black pepper
- ½ small carrot, diced
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp green seasoning
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- ½ tbsp. cumin
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium high heat.
- Add the onions, carrots and garlic and cook for a few minutes until the onions begin to soften. Add the beans, cumin, pepper flakes, green seasoning and parsley and stir. Season with the salt and black pepper. Cook 1 – 2 minutes more.
- Add the chicken stock and water. Bring to a boil and cook until the carrots and garlic chunks are tender.
- Add the spinach leaves and cook for 1 – 2 minutes more until the spinach wilts. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Puree the soup in batches in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return to a low heat and heat through. Serve hot.