- 4 cups Carnation Full Cream Evaporated Milk
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 3 whole cloves
- ½ cup parched vermicelli, broken into small pieces
- 1 can Nestle Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 can Nestle Cream (300g)
- 1/3 cup Maraschino cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- ½ cup toasted slivered almonds
- In a saucepan, heat 2 cups of Carnation Full Cream Evaporated Milk with cinnamon stick and cloves. Add vermicelli and cook 5 minutes or until vermicelli is tender. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, heat remaining evaporated milk to 175 degrees F; add Nestle Sweetened Condensed Milk and stir until well mixed. Whisk a small amount of the hot milk mixture into the eggs to temper. Add the tempered eggs back to the pan slowly, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160 degrees F and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from heat, cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water: stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the cooked vermicelli, vanilla essence and Nestle Cream.
- Place in an ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions. When mixture is firm, incorporate chopped cherries, raisins and almonds.
- Place in freezer until ready to serve.